Equipment and Resources
We will bring equipment we need to run our workshops with us, such as BBC micro:bits.
All we require is a large screen (television screen, interactive whiteboard, or projector and screen, for example) which we can hook our laptop up to for the students to follow along with the coding tutorials.
Your pupils will need use of your desktop PCs, laptops, or Chromebooks for the session (running a modern web browser – preferably Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge). It would be great if they could have one each, but if not then one computer between two will work. We can run some of our workshops on tablets such as iPads, but please call us before booking to discuss.
All of our workshop facilitators work as programmers or function in app and game design and development in some capacity. We are all DBS checked, and we can all provide testimonials from the schools we have worked with. That said, we are not qualified teachers, and we would – ideally – have the pupil’s regular teacher, or another member of the teaching staff, in with us to assist with any issues the pupils may have. It’s also a great opportunity for your teachers to learn some programming skills and the teachers we’ve worked with previously have all said how valuable the workshop was in developing their own knowledge!
Full payment for workshops is required at time of booking to secure your workshop. An invoice will be sent out, to the email address provided, when we receive your booking. You can pay online by BACS, or send a cheque by post.
We understand that some schools run our workshop as a school trip, and take payment from the parents of pupils. If you require different payment terms, we’ll do our best to accommodate you. Please give us a call on 0845 299 0714 to discuss.
Workshop cancellations by you
We price our workshops to offer great value for money (typically, our full day workshops work out at less than £15 per student, and our half-day workshops less than £10.00 per student). We therefore have to have a clear cancellation policy to ensure that we cover our costs (as we book hotels and transportation ahead of the workshops) and the ongoing viability of the workshops. We urge you to carefully check your diary to ensure that your class or classes are available to participate in any workshops you are booking with us.
If your circumstances change, we will try our best to reschedule a workshop to a more suitable date. Unfortunately all our workshops are non-refundable.
If you give 30 or more days notice to cancel a workshop your options are as follows:
- We will be happy to transfer your workshop to another date, availability permitting, at no additional cost.
- If there are no suitable future dates for you to transfer to we can provide a voucher to be used for a future workshop booking.
- A fee will be invoiced to cover any accommodation costs or transport costs which we have already booked.
If you give less than 30 days notice to cancel a workshop then your options are as follows:
- If you would like to transfer your workshop, we can only transfer your booking if we can book a workshop with another school or organisation on the same date. We will try our best to do so. If we can not, then you will be liable for the full cost of the workshop.
- If you would like to cancel the workshop, rather than transfer it to another date, you will be liable for the full cost of the workshop.
- You will be invoiced to cover any accommodation costs or transport costs which we have already booked.
Workshop cancellations by us
In the very unlikely event that we have to cancel a workshop you will be given at least 24 hours notice and offered a choice of a transfer to another date, voucher to be used at another time, or a full refund. We will not be held liable for any other costs or expenses that you may incur in the event of cancellation by us.